For a while, you’ve used Mindbody for your gym’s management software. While the booking features cut it, Mindbody's lack of integrations, meager marketing features, and high costs have inspired the need for a switch.
The problem is that a Google search uncovers a list of alternative booking software that’s way more intimidating than V02 max testing. The thought of looking into each alternative has already got your heart pumping.
Take a deep breath - we’ve delved into Mindbody’s alternatives, and we’ve come up with a list of gym software that will give you more than Mindbody can.
In this article, we’ll introduce our top four favorite Mindbody software alternatives.
Why Do People Want a Mindbody Alternative?
While Mindbody features some great tools that make managing your business a breeze, it comes with trade-offs. For instance, Mindbody’s starter plan clocks in at an eye-watering $159/month.
If you onboard team members or require additional features, you’ll have to pay even more. Higher costs can eat away at your bottom line, making it difficult for you to turn a profit.
Mindbody also lacks some customization features, which makes catering its software platform to your needs difficult. If you want to have management software that reflects your brand and executes your business’s specific needs, it will be difficult to achieve this with Mindbody.
While Mindbody does have gym-specific software, it lacks integrations that track fitness metrics. It’s also difficult to tailor and craft clients’ individual workout and nutrition plans. Every gym owner knows tracking client progress is crucial for running a successful business.
Gym owners need software that caters to the unique needs of a gym and individual clients. While Mindbody is a good all-encompassing software that has solid booking features, it doesn’t meet the needs of many gyms.
How We Chose Our Mindbody Alternatives
We scanned through the alternatives, considered their functions and how well they work for gym management. We kept gym management in mind when sifting through each option and considered the three following features when determining our list of gym management software:
- Gym-Specific Software Beyond Booking: Mindbody is marketed to businesses “in the wellness industry,” which is diverse. We think gym booking software should be exclusively catered toward gyms. Gym management has needs that are more unique than those of other businesses in the wellness industry.
When you choose software exclusively designed for the unique needs of a gym, you’ll get more than a booking system. A good system must include gym-specific features that help manage clients and equipment.
- Integrations: Integrations to payment platforms like Square or PayPal, a connection to Google for data organization, or live feedback from a heart rate monitor are crucial for operating your gym.
These will save time executing simple business processes and allow you to track crucial fitness data from your clients. Part of being a gym owner is working with clients to help them hit their fitness goals.
- Affordability: We get it – just looking at the price of $159/month for Mindbody’s starting price increases your pulse - and not in a good way. When considering the different gym management software, we placed a heavy consideration on pricing.
A software program’s price is usually the most important factor people take into consideration when making a choice. We made sure that each gym software we selected was reasonably priced.
With these three points guiding us, we painstakingly selected this final list of Mindbody alternatives for managing your gym:
- Adalo, if you want the design freedom to create your very own gym management system that looks, feels, and works exactly how you want it.
- TrueCoach, if you want gym-specific software that lets you manage every part of your gym’s operations.
- TeamUp, if you’re a larger gym and you want an all-encompassing gym management system to execute large-scale operations.
If you want to build your very own gym management app, Adalo is at the top of the list.
Adalo is an app builder that features an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that anyone can use. You won’t need any coding, programming, or technical skills to build your own slick and professional app.
When you choose Adalo, you’ll get an unmatched degree of design freedom to craft your app to your exact preferences so you can present your gym’s unique brand to current and potential clients.
How Adalo Outpaces The Competition
- Adalo gives you the freedom and ability to tailor-make your booking feature. When your clients download your app, they’ll be able to book appointments with a system you designed.
With Adalo, your clients can reserve more. Allow clients to book equipment, yoga rooms, or anything else your gym offers. Feel free to change up the design and functionality as you see fit.
- You’ll be able to add on a staggering amount of special functions, too. Adalo has over 5,500 integrations to programs that can improve your operations. For instance, create a messaging feature with Twilio so your clients can directly chat with trainers, gym staff, or each other.
Your clients can get quick answers to questions and build a strong community of workout pals with a professional-looking messaging app.
- You’ll be able to track your client’s progress with Fitbit and Strava integrations, helping them meet their goals. Accept payment from PayPal, Stripe, or Square, which will save you time and offer clients a convenient experience.
- Clients can download your app from the Apple App Store, The Google Play Store, or your own website. Having your app available on these major platforms will not only make it easy for clients to get, but it will put your app in front of more potential clients, giving your gym a nice PR boost.
Adalo’s pricing starts at $36/month.
TrueCoach is one of the most popular choices for gyms and personal training businesses, as it provides a smooth system for running your gym and managing clients.
TrueCoach gives you the ability to manage your trainers, book appointments, and tailor workouts. These effective features make running your gym a lot easier.
You’ll also find a marketplace platform to sell fitness-industry-specific products like workout machines, protein, supplements, and clothing. Choosing TrueCoach provides all the tools and features you need to provide your clients with a transformative gym experience.
How TrueCoach Outpaces The Competition
- In true personal training fashion, TrueCoach has its very own customizable biometrics feature. This feature monitors clients’ improvement in body fat reduction, max heart rate, basal metabolism, and more. You’ll be able to show clients where they’ve improved on their fitness journey.
- Let your personal trainers customize workouts for each client’s specific needs. Craft a detailed lifting plan for a client aiming to deadlift 700 lbs or pull together grueling cardio workouts for clients wishing to increase their V02 max numbers. You’ll be able to help clients meet almost any fitness goal with this customizable feature.
- TrueCoach’s software has a low learning curve and is easy to use. You won’t need to dedicate too much time to learning how this software works, so you can spend more time working with your clients.
For $19.99/month, you can use TrueCoach for up to five clients. If you have more than five clients, you’ll have to switch to their Pro Plan at $106.99/month. More than 50 clients? Contact TrueCoach directly for custom pricing info.
If you’re a larger gym with lots of clients and an expansive team of personal trainers, look no further than TeamUp. TeamUp is designed to streamline the complex and comprehensive operations that come with running a large gym.
TeamUp’s software is suited to cater to the needs of any large fitness center. They’ve designed features for traditional gyms, but you can also get niche add-ons if you’re a boutique fitness operation - like an outdoor gym, a mixed martial arts center, a pole dancing studio, or a yoga ashram.
How TeamUp Outpaces The Competition
- TeamUp’s client relationship management (CRM) system packs a strong punch. Your trainers can update clients’ fitness progress, whether they’re one-on-one clients or members of a group class. Everyone will love the personalization and attention they can get from TeamUp.
- There are no separate plans with different features - TeamUp’s software comes with universal features. You will only pay for the number of customers you have, it gives you access to the same features and add-ons whether you have 5 clients or 800 clients.
This simplicity is great if you’re looking to scale up or offer new classes to your gym. And you won’t end up paying extra for some add-ons.
- You’ll be able to send clients automated reminders through TeamUp’s communication tool. Set automatic reminders for whenever payments are due or when trainers go on vacation and classes will be canceled.
Sending bulk reminders automatically will save you time and show clients that you’re seriously organized.
You’ll pay $99/month for up to 100 clients. But if you’re the most popular gym in your region, you’ll only pay $309/month for over 600 clients.
Do you like each one of these Mindbody alternatives but aren’t sure which one to choose? We made sure that each gym booking system comes with a free trial. A free trial for booking software is like a test drive for a car - it’s an absolute must.
Grab a pen and some paper, and go through each feature, jot down what you like and dislike about each system. When you finish, compare your notes and determine which system serves your needs the best. We’re sure that you’ll find a solid Mindbody replacement from our list.