While you’ve got several clients and a great team, you can still fit in a few more appointments. You’ve got a website, and you’re active on social media. What gives?
Having a website and social media presence is important, but to spread the word about your salon and get more butts in seats, you need to go the extra mile.
No, we’re not talking about pursuing a marketing degree and becoming the next Paul Mitchell. We’re talking about making simple and minor adjustments to your online presence, which will help increase your client count.
In this article, we’ll show you how to improve your salon’s business with three actionable tips.
Tip 1: Optimize Your Website
You’ve built a slick website, but if you want to get it in front of more people, you’ll need to give people reasons to visit your site. More people will visit your website if they can learn something new about haircare and your business.
When you teach clients valuable tips, they’ll see you as an authoritative hairstyling expert. Clients are more likely to trust an authoritative expert and will be more likely to choose you as their next stylist. Show value by producing helpful content like blogs and videos that spotlight your hair styling expertise. Who doesn’t love learning new tips?
Here are a few content topic ideas:
- Environmentally friendly shampoos and conditioners: What you need to know.
- A video showing how to properly apply shampoo and conditioner.
- Maintaining healthy hair during the sweltering summer months.
- Propecia or Rogaine? What men looking to stop balding should consider.
- How to highlight your own hair: a video tutorial.
- How to achieve a professional blowout at home.
Any content that teaches your audience something interesting and valuable about how they can care for their hair will work. Hair care is self-care, and your clients will love learning how to better themselves.
Whenever you post a new article, link it to your social media. By doing this, you will get your written content in front of more eyes. After people read your content, they will be more likely to use your hair salon services.
Even after you’ve posted a video to socials, you’ll want to include it on your site, too. Your website will serve as a multimedia library, which clients can access with ease. Having all your style videos in one place will make it easy for clients to find specific styling lessons or tutorials.
When clients can easily find a video of you creating a style they like, they’ll be more likely to use your services.
Tip 2: Create Your Own App
Building your very own app is an excellent and effective way to manage clients, improve your salon’s experience, and increase your bottom line. Hold on, you say – don’t you need a computer science degree to make your own app? The answer is no.
You can build a custom-made app that mirrors your brand perfectly, all without knowing how to code or program. Just use an app builder like Adalo. Adalo has an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that lets you construct your own app in no time at all. Find a template that matches what you have in mind, and start building.
An app for your salon will ease your operations and add to a wonderful client experience. You’ll be able to build out the following features:
- A booking tool that makes reserving an appointment super simple. When clients book through your app, their reservations will automatically be added to your calendar. Gone are the days of needing to actually write your appointments into a calendar.
- Send clients automated reminders 24 hours before their appointment with a messaging system. An automatic reminder saves time by doing work for you, and it also reduces the chance of no-shows – everyone loves fewer no-shows.
- Do you need to quickly get rid of some inventory or feature a new product line? Send your clients push notifications about massive discounts if they purchase certain items in a special timeframe. Letting everyone know that your tea-tree shampoo is 40% off should help you clear your shelves fast.
- Adalo is integrated into major payment platforms like Square, PayPal, and Stripe. Skipping the cash register and letting your clients pay directly from their phones will not just save you time, but will help you better organize your bookkeeping.
When you finish crafting your custom app, Adalo lets you publish it on the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or your own website. This makes it easier for your clients to download your app and gets it in front of huge audiences. Many people shop on these platforms to find the next big app, so this feature can also help improve your salon’s business and reach. It’s a win-win.
Tip 3: Launch a Paid Ads Campaign on Social Media for Greater Visibility
Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok are not just powerful platforms for sharing your work with your followers and clients, they’re also amazing advertising tools that can get your salon in front of thousands of people.
Never run a social ad campaign before? Just follow these simple steps to get started:
- Determine the locations of the people who will see your salon’s ad. Depending on the size of your town or city, you’ll want customers to be within a few miles of your salon.
- Set the demographics for the people you want to reach. These can match your current client demographics if you specialize in a niche area. Social media ads can also be a solid launch pad for breaking into a new demographic. If you’re trying to target men in their early 20s, simply set your social media demographic tool to this group and be ready for some DMs.
- You’ll be charged per 1,000 clicks on your ad or per impression. An “impression is when someone stops scrolling for a few seconds to read but not click your ad. Payment is made for a bulk amount of clicks or impressions in advance.
- When you launch your ad, it will be featured in your demographic’s feeds until your payment runs out. Ads usually run for about a week or two.
- You’ll be notified when your campaign ends. The social media platform should send you an analytics report detailing things like how many people saw your ad, the number of people who clicked on your ad, and more. Use this information to improve your next campaign.
A social media ad campaign is budget-friendly. With as little as $500/month, you’ll be able to extend your reach and make your salon’s presence known to locals who may not have stumbled across it before.
It’s a good idea to run a social media campaign every other month to get your salon as much visibility as possible.
Remember to always stay consistent. Publish new content on your site at least once a month, ensure that your app always works properly, and try to make minor adjustments to each social media ad campaign.
Keep a journal to document your business decisions. Doing this will also serve as a guide for future plans. By continuing to chip away at your goals, you’ll see your hair salon’s business improve in no time.