You believe design is the most important skill for anyone to learn today.
About This Position
The power of design is what sparked the origins of Adalo — the idea was ‘what if we took the advances made with UX design tools and design systems and allowed people to create fully functioning apps without needing to code?’ Essentially what if we made design tools functional. So as the Design Manager continuing the importance and quality of design in Adalo will be your overall mission.
We view design as being its own team within the organization — not just multiple small roles within various different teams. Because of that you’ll be leading the design efforts for the product side of things as well as the visual design side with marketing & branding. This will mean you’ll need to have a great understanding of both UX design as well as visual branding. You’ll be collaborating and overseeing projects with multiple other designers. It'll be a super exciting opportunity for anyone that’s in love with design.
As we’re still a relatively new and growing team you’ll be doing some individual contribution as well as overseeing & helping others on the team with:
- Amazing product mockups for new features 💻✨
- Designing & building new pages to the website via Webflow
- Illustrations for social media, blog posts, emails, and the website 🖋️
- Animations for marketing videos & ads 📹
- Screen recordings of the product for new features and in other places on the website
- Creating cloneable app templates for our makers 🐑
- Contributing to the production and creation of design tips, design philosophies, and design related blog post on the (soon to be launched) Adalo App Academy 🏫
- Helping to give feedback and work with our tutorial creators for the Adalo App Academy
- Conducting product design reviews after QA testing is finished
- Conducting maker Interviews for product Improvement ideas 💬
- Help shape an environment that attracts amazing designers and creates the conditions to do their best work.
- Act as a hands-on mentor / coach to the user experience, product design, and visual design focused team members, helping them achieve their career goals.
- Ensure a consistent experience across the entire marketing and product journey for our markers.
- Manage and prioritize design projects across multiple departments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Digital Media, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Architecture or related field – or a similar amount of work experience.
- 7+ years of experience designing amazing things (this is specifically worded to be broad so that you can include your time designing in a school setting and/or in fields outside of the tech design world — we ❤️ architects, fashion designers, art directors, you name it!)
- Solid experience in product design with another SaaS company
- Passionate about all things design 🎨
- Passionate about no-code
- Comfort working with the Adobe suite — Ai, Ps, Pr, Ae, Id
- Able to create high-fidelity mockups of your designs using UXPin, Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with Design, Product, Sales, Marketing and Agile Software Development teams.
- Understand lean, agile, dev processes, and all that fun stuff 👩💻 👨💻
- Experience leading a team of designers
*Hey! 👋 Even if you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but you’ve got a passion for what we’re doing over here at Adalo — we think there’s a great chance you’d be an amazing addition to our team & we’d love for you to apply!
- Experience working in a startup environment
- A part of the no-code ecosystem or have a lot experience working with no-code software
- You have previous UX design experience specially working on a different design tool (i.e. InVision, Canva, etc.)
- Even extra points for designing & building an app in Adalo (if you’ve had a chance to do that please include it with your cover letter!)
To learn more about what it’s like working at Adalo — check out our 'Inside Adalo' page.