You’re excited to help keep Adalo human.
About This Position
As Head of people at Adalo, you will have a direct impact on finding, developing, and retaining our team members. With a large focus on company culture & by championing our 5 principles of community, trust, inclusion, growth, & action, you will play a large role in making Adalo a great place to work for everyone. You will directly interact with the leadership team to surface areas of improvement, support change, and create a safe space for feedback from the team. In addition, you will be responsible for all HR related activities and processes.
We believe that one of the most important things an organization can do is create an environment where people are free to do their best work and grow. You will play an integral part in creating that environment! If people are your passion, there’s a good chance you would be a great addition to our team.
In this role, you will drive recruitment efforts, coach the leadership team, resolve employee relations issues, and manage development programs for our employees.
- Ensure that all of our team members & our internal processes are always working towards our purpose of empowering makers to bring their ideas to life 🌱
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees to build a foundation of community, trust, inclusion, growth, & action across all levels of the organization. 🤝
- Own all human resources activities including, but not limited to, benefits administration, compensation, employee development, and employee relations.
- Provide leadership on people-related issues and policies across Adalo.
- Manage the hiring process with our current Applicant Tracking System.
- Recruit diverse & top notch talent to join the team as we continue to scale. We’re looking for you to find some 🔥 people to join us!
- Advise our Social Responsibility Committee (SRC), which helps tackle challenging and sensitive conversations within the organization. 🌎
- Drive tactical initiatives to ensure DEI efforts are being met and maintained throughout the entire employee experience — from hiring, to day-to-day work to growing within the company. 👋🏻👋🏼👋🏽👋🏾👋🏿
- Organize fun & community building activities within our team, including but not limited to happy hours, team celebrations, and company retreats.
- Conduct quarterly employee surveys.
- Develop processes related to performance improvement plans, one-on-one meetings, performance reviews among others.
- Work with & support leadership; which includes activities like digging into the data to help inform decisions, provide counsel and feedback, and disseminating information about people-decisions to the organization.
- Helping our team leads execute and implement new processes and changes to current processes based on feedback from the team that come out of our monthly retrospectives.
- And… to be honest we’re a quickly growing startup so there will probably be a ton of other random things for you to dive into to help us move forward! ⏭️
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with varied levels of responsibility related to human resources.
- Hold a relevant degree or equivalent practical experience with proof of HR related qualifications and experience in best practice.
- Experience in leading a People Operations or Human Resources team.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, onboarding, and development of people within a company.
- Passionate about people & believe the key to a company’s success is the people we employ.
*Hey! 👋 Even if you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but you’ve got a passion for what we’re doing over here at Adalo — we think there’s a great chance you’d be an amazing addition to our team & we’d love for you to apply!
- If you’ve worked in a venture-backed startup with high growth potential
- Specific training related to diversity & inclusion within organizations
- You have a passion for the no-code space
- Even extra points for designing & building an app in Adalo (if you’ve had a chance to do that please include it with your cover letter!)
To learn more about what it’s like working at Adalo — check out our 'Inside Adalo' page.